Call for Consultant for e-MFP's 5 year Strategic Plan
e-MFP is looking for a consultant to support the development of a five year strategic plan, for the period 2022-2026.
The European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) is the leading network of organisations and individuals active in the financial inclusion sector in developing countries. It numbers over 130 members from all geographic regions and specialisations in the sector, including consultants & support service providers, investors, FSPs, multilateral & national development agencies, NGOs and researchers.
Up to two billion people remain financially excluded. To address this, the Platform seeks to promote co-operation, dialogue and innovation among these diverse stakeholders working in developing countries. e-MFP fosters activities which increase global access to affordable, quality sustainable and inclusive financial services for the un(der)banked by driving knowledge-sharing, partnership development and innovation. The Platform achieves this through its numerous year-round expert Action Groups, the annual European Microfinance Week which attracts over 400 top stakeholders representing dozens of countries from the sector, the prestigious annual European Microfinance Award and its many and regular publications.
Our vision is to be the leading European platform working towards the goal of universal financial inclusion.
For more information visit our website www.e-mfp.eu
Scope of the project
- Review of e-MFP’s strategic plan in the context of the changing market environment (taking into account e-MFP’s evaluation which was done in 2019 at mid-term of its current five year strategy)
- Prepare and facilitate online Strategic Planning Session(s) with e-MFP Board members and Secretariat staff
- Develop and produce the e-MFP Strategic Plan for the next five years
The deliverables are as follows:
- Interviews, surveys and other information gathering as needed
- Brief report on the findings from the information gathering process
- Ongoing consultation/inform on progress with the e-MFP Secretariat
- Online Planning Session(s) with Board and Secretariat
- Preliminary Strategic Plan by end of June
- 5-year Strategic Plan, including annual budgets, by the end of September
- Presentation to the Board of the Strategic Plan and the main Strategic Plan findings
The Strategic Plan should be a tool that e-MFP can share with members and also a document to be presented to potential funders.
The plan should have less than 40 pages and an executive summary of max. 3 pages, reviewing the e-MFP vision, mission and strategic key points.
Timing of the Project
The beginning of the project is envisaged as soon as possible and a conclusion is foreseen for end of September 2021.
Profile of Consultant
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience within financial inclusion
- Strong analytical and organisation skills
- Experience in producing reports and strategic documents
- Excellent written and spoken English language proficiency, French would be an asset
For reference, e-MFP’s current Strategic Plan 2017-21 can be found here.
If you are interested, please send us your CV together with a 1 page expression of interest presenting your methodology, your timeline, your daily rate and budget and how your background fits with the project needs.
Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12 April 2021, 13.00h CET. Proposals from e-MFP members are encouraged.