How is the financial inclusion sector responding to the Covid-19 pandemic? The immense challenges right now – to clients, institutions, investors, support providers, and policy-makers – are clear. But the question we’d like to ask is: are we managing? Just how much trouble are we in?
On 13 May 2020, six outstanding speakers discuss what's happening:
- Rolando Victoria, founding Executive Director of Alalay Sa Kaunlaran Inc. (ASKI) in the Philippines and now the President and CEO of ASKI Group of Companies Inc.;
- Johanna Ryan, Global Director of Impact at VisionFund International, and a FIF UK Board Director;
- Babak Abbaszadeh, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Toronto Centre;
- Fabian Kasi, Managing Director of Centenary Bank in Uganda;
- Noémie Renier, Head of Debt for Financial Institutions at Incofin;
- Timothy Ogden, Managing Director of the Financial Access Initiative – and author of the Weekly faiV;
- Moderated by Sam Mendelson, Financial Inclusion Specialist European Microfinance Platform and a FIF UK Board Director.