ADA is hiring: Investment Officer
ADA is an NGO which plays a leading role in the inclusive finance sector in Luxembourg and internationally. ADA is widely recognized for its work supporting the autonomous development of populations which are excluded from traditional financial services. Ada is currently recruiting:
You will be joining ADA with a view to strengthening ADA's investment advice activities and to contribute to the growth of microfinance institutions in order to provide a better response to the needs of populations excluded from financial services.
- Identify financial partnership opportunities with microfinance institutions (MFIs)
- Perform due diligence of potential partners
- Carry out negotiations with the institutions
- Prepare investment dossiers on the basis of financial and social analysis of the institutions
- Check all legal documents
- Monitor the investment portfolio according to assigned region
- Take part in certain sector key events (investors' fairs, conferences)
- Develop partnerships, particularly with other actors in the sector
- University degree in a field related to economics/finance
- A minimum of 3-4 years' experience in investment and/or microfinance
- Capacity to carry out the financial analysis of microfinance institutions
- Competency in the area of risk management
- Excellent analytical and summarising skills
- Capacity to negotiate
- Experience within an investment fund specialised in microfinance and/or a rating agency would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (MS office)
- Fluency in at least 2 of the following languages: Spanish, English and/or French.
- Other qualities: rigour, autonomy, conciseness, interest in microfinance, ability to work in a team, must be prepared to travel (30% of working time)
The successful applicant will be given a permanent contract based in the city of Luxembourg.
If you are interested in this position, would like to join a dynamic team, you are available and you meet with the requirements, please send your application by 15th August 2017 by email, marked for the attention of Sylvie Marquegnies, with ref. Invest. Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org