Inclusive Green Finance: Investor Training, 28th September, Utrecht
e-MFP & NpM are holding a one day training for investors on green inclusive finance, prepared and delivered by Enclude BV, organised by the e-MFP Microfinance & Environment Action Group and hosted by NpM.
The training will introduce investors and donors to green inclusive finance: state of the art and lessons learnt, how to assess environmental performance of financial institutions, what are the investment opportunities and challenges, and a perspective for the future.
The format will be interactive including case studies, guided discussions, group work, and presentations. The general picture will be presented along best international and local practices, and actual examples of green initiatives and interactive discussions and group work will be privileged over theory.
See the agenda
After this session participants are expected to:
- Have improved their understanding of green inclusive finance and its various dimensions;
- Understand how to measure the environmental performance of MFIs;
- Have improved their understanding of green investment opportunities, and the role investors can play;
- Have familiarized themselves with some of the existing experiences;
- Have improved their understanding on how to integrate the green dimension within risk-return analysis of clients MFIs or projects;
The training target investors and donors that are willing to know more on green inclusive finance, get engaged, or explore green investment opportunities in their portfolio. It’s not a prerequisite to already have a green strategy or green investments: both investors expert or starting in green inclusive finance are invited to join in.
All participants are encouraged to bring any relevant material (if available) with them to the training: e.g. Environmental Policy of their institution, Environmental Assessment tool, Examples of green projects/products within its investees, etc.
Date and place: 10.00 to 18.00 on Thursday 28th of September in Utrecht, the Netherlands (address: Arthur van Schendelstraat 850, 3500 GA, Utrecht).
Price: €150 for e-MFP members, €200 for non-members (lunch included)
For more information and to register, contact Camille Dassy (e-MFP) at email@example.com