Cordaid is hiring: Compliance Officer
Cordaid Investment Management B.V. (CIM B.V.) is the subsidiary of Cordaid that manages all investments. CIM B.V. combines the unique ability to finance partners with grants, equity and debt instruments in selected countries across three continents. CIM B.V. has EUR 80 million of assets under management, predominantly investments in microfinance institutions (MFI's) and small and medium enterprise (SME) funds with a social mission and serves over 100 investees worldwide. CIMBV is an Alternative Investment Fund Manager registered with the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM). CIMBV has a team of 20 employees.
Cordaid Investment Management B.V. is looking for a Compliance Officer (32-36 hours per week)
* Controls the compliance of CIMBV transaction to internal policies and procedures such as investment policy and criteria at investment-, portfolio- and fund- level
* Promotes and monitors the appropriate use of procedures and processing of data regarding projects and contracts
* Reviews legal documentation and contracts on accuracy and completeness and advises on improvements. Controls the compliance of CIMBV to external rules and regulation, such as AIFMD, AML and CTF act
* Responsible for updating the AML/CTF policy and procedures for CIMBV and Cordaid and its funds and provides compliance information to investees, investors and other stakeholders
* Prepares non-financial and compliance audits and ensures the high quality of accountable material
* Ensures that CIMBV policy, processes and procedures are documented in the Investment Manual and Cordaid Quality Handbook
* Identifies gaps and needs in (loan) administrative systems, advices on improvements and translate these into business requirements for data management and documentation.
* Bachelor/Master Degree in Law, Accountancy, Business Administration or equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years' of relevant compliance experience
* Experience with (social) investment funds and AIFMD, AML and CTF regulations is a plus
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
* Analytical, accurate and flexible, keen to identify and solve issues
* A team player
* Good communication skills
* Proficiency and writing skills in English, knowledge of Spanish and/or French is a plus
* Affinity with mission, vision and goals of Cordaid
* A responsible position in a social impact investment company
* A varied role in a dynamic team where initiative is encouraged
* A global and growing organization with a focus on diversity
* Good working conditions
* A gross monthly salary of € 2.907, - up to € 4.353, - (36 hours p/w), depending on education and years of relevant experience
* A position for 1 year with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position and you meet all requirements, please send in your application before 6 February 2017 with the ''apply'' button on http://www.cordaid.org/en/about-us/working-cordaid/vacancy-overview/, attn. Jan Kees den Bakker, Director HR.
For more information about the position, please contact Frans Goossens, Operational Manager Investments, +31(0)630208262. For more information about the contract conditions, please contact Jan Kees den Bakker, Director HR +31(0)703136300.