Contribute to the European Microfinance Week 2018 programme!
Request for proposals
This is your opportunity to contribute to the programme of the European Microfinance Week, taking place on 14th – 16th November 2018 in Luxembourg!
The Action Group day on 14th November will be followed by two days featuring 3 plenaries and over 20 sessions. We invite e-MFP members to submit proposals for sessions on the 15th & 16th November.
When you prepare your proposal, please take into account the following:
√ Your proposal should:
- Bring together at least two e-MFP members and have representatives from different industry stakeholders.
- Focus on recent sector developments, new trends, lessons learned (including failures), outcomes, challenges and recommendations.
- Illustrate how initiatives are oriented to benefit the bottom of the pyramid and improve their quality of life.
√ The conference programme is organized in streams: Investors, donors & funders; social performance; green inclusive finance; Fintech & digital innovations (the topic of the European Microfinance Award 2018); rural finance; regulation; risk management; other (education, health, child & youth, excluded populations, savings, insurance, remittances and other microfinance products, etc.).
√ The conference aims to highlight the contribution of microfinance to the SDGs.
√ Aside from the usual panel discussion with a moderator and three speakers, other innovative formats can be proposed. Please see page 2 of the proposal form below for alternative format suggestions.
√There will be a TED-Style session. If you would like to suggest a Talk to feature in this session, please submit only the TED-Style Talk Proposal at the end of the proposal form below.
Please note that:
- Only completed forms will be considered. They need to be submitted as a WORD document.
- All proposals received will be assessed by e-MFP Secretariat but not all of them can be included in the programme. Nevertheless, in these cases there may be solutions for participating in the conference sessions found for organisations that have submitted a proposal (i.e.: merging proposals), therefore we strongly encourage you to present a full proposal if you’d like to speak on a topic.
- The main language of the conference is English and interpretation facilities are only available in one venue room. Please inform the Secretariat as soon as you know if interpretation facilities are needed as they are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- If you’d like to organize a meeting during the Action Group day, 14th of November, please directly contact Gabriela Erice: firstname.lastname@example.org