Contribute to the European Microfinance Week 2017 programme!
Request for proposals for European Microfinance Week 2017
This is your opportunity to contribute to the programme of the European Microfinance Week, taking place on 29th November – 1st December 2017 in Luxembourg!
The e-MFP Action Group day on 29th November will be followed by a two day conference combining plenary, workshops and roundtable sessions. We invite all interested members to make proposals for sessions on the 30th November and 1st December.
We encourage proposals that:
- Bring together at least two e-MFP members and have representatives from different industry stakeholders.
- Focus on recent sector developments, new trends, lessons learned (including failures), outcomes, challenges and recommendations.
- Illustrate how initiatives are oriented to benefit the bottom of the pyramid and improve their quality of life.
- Fall within the following streams: Investors, donors & funders; social performance; green microfinance; digital innovations & technology; rural finance; regulation; risk management; microfinance contribution to the SDGs (education, health, equality, etc.); housing finance (topic of the European Microfinance Award 2017), other (excluded populations, savings, insurance, remittances and other microfinance products, child & youth, etc.).
- Have innovative formats different to the usual panel session with a moderator and three speakers.
Please note that:
- Only completed forms will be considered.
- All proposals received will be assessed by e-MFP Secretariat but not all of them can be included in the programme. Nevertheless, solutions to have organisations that have submitted a proposal participating in the conference sessions will be explored (i.e.: merging proposals), therefore we strongly encourage you to present a proposal. Please note that any request to speak must be accompanied by a proposal, in order to be considered.
- The main language of the conference is English and interpretation facilities are only available in one venue room. Please inform the Secretariat if you expect to use interpretation as soon as you know it as these facilities will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- If you’d like to organize a meeting during the Action Group day, 29th of November, please directly contact Gabriela Erice: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on European Microfinance Week 2017 click here